I’ll be honest, I’m not really feeling all that funny at the moment, and totally blanked on what I could write for Laugh Link. So I thought I would look up how to be funny and collect a series of tips from around the internet:
- Laughter is contagious. So don’t get vaccinated; this is one of those things you want to catch. It’s an attractive diseases. Or virus. Crap. Which would it be?
- Pain is the number one category of humour. So all people who are funny like hurting themselves or others. So maybe don’t link up, because we’re hurting you? Hmm. Getting confused now.
- You don’t have to be funny to be funny. Wait, what the?
- Knowing pop culture will make you funny. (Or it will kill your brain cells with boredom.)
- I didn’t really read this one because, lazy, but from the image and the opening line, it seems to be about charming people into a threesome.
But those tips were lame. So here are my tips:
- Talk about one object in continuous, unrelated situations. Currently I talk about tomatoes a lot. I don’t even know anything about tomatoes.
- Alliteration is absurdly adequate. It seems like a cheap ploy. It may very well be a cheap ploy.
- Be loud. Because if you yell everyone down, no one can tell you that you’re not funny.
- Be quiet. Because no one can tell you that you’re not funny if you don’t give them a chance to hear you.
- Sit next to the lamest person you know. You’ll always be funniest that way.
- See if you can make a sentence out of buzzwords. At the end of the day, your job is to break through the clutter to calibrate expectations and leverage the disruptive innovations so we can push outside the box and downsize to be hyperlocal so we can empower our exit strategy.
- Eh, I don’t need to fill in this bullet point. The one above was good.
- Look to politics for inspiration. They come out with a lot of shit, surely some of it can be used for humour.
- Llamas. Always talk about llamas. What other word has a double l to start it?
The Laugh Link members are: